Check out the first of two new designs by our landscape architect!
Check our formecology’s new design for a small, urban outdoor space set between two buildings. The focus for this landscape design included the following goals:
- Expand & connect the outdoors with the interior space.
- Provide an outdoor environment that is relaxing, restorative and useful.
- Provide plant and hardscape materials that are hardy, durable and sustainable.
- Our stepping stone path will be constructed using recycled concrete pieces.
- Most perennial and shrub species are WI natives and will do very well in the local moisture and light patterns within the space.
- Other features include a cedar trellis (using scrap wood) to help screen/soften harsh architecture and wood/metal benches fashioned by a local artisan will provide seating and add more greenery and softening to the space and architecture.
- Native honeysuckle vine or roses will grow up the trellis & add to the ‘living wall’ idea.
- Overhead café lighting can be a simple and efficient way to light and add a warm ambiance to the space.
- A focus on connections pushed us to utilize colors & textures from the interior building space in the out of doors. Also a strong visual focus from inside looking out the door helped us see a strong linkage & potential location a focal feature in the space too. Wall art or other hanging piece will work very well here 🙂
If you have any questions or comments don’t hesitate to post a reply!!