Fun Facts About Dandelions
All parts of the dandelion are edible and have medicinal and culinary uses. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and flavor. Let’s stop spraying lawns with dangerous chemicals just to kill this incredibly useful plant!
- acts as a mild laxative that promotes digestion, stimulates appetite, and balances the natural and beneficial bacteria in the intestines.
- is a diuretic that helps the kidneys clear out waste, salt, and excess water.
- improves liver function by removing toxins and reestablishing hydration and electrolyte balance.
- increases bile production and reduces inflammation to help with gallbladder problems.
- every part of the plant is rich in antioxidants that prevent free-radical damage to cells and DNA, slowing down the aging process in our cells.
- acts against cancer to slow its growth and prevent its spread.
- helps reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- lowers and control cholesterol levels.
- helps regulate blood sugar and insulin levels.
- the fiber and potassium in dandelion regulate blood pressure.
- boosts immune function and fights off microbes and fungi.